Check to Protect Your
Skin & Hair
July 2017 _____
Basking in the sunshine doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure. Whether your adventures have you jet-setting abroad or relaxing on the Outdoor Terrace at the Tower, you can achieve that sun-kissed, healthy look and protect yourself from harmful UV rays with just a little extra TLC.
Master Esthetician Maria Lekkakos knows all the tricks to keep your skin and hair safe all season long, so grab your sunnies and head outside to soak in the summer scene with this helpful checklist.
Start with a sunscreen that feels good on your skin.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30.
- Check the sunscreen’s ingredients and look for agents that block the sun like zinc oxide, octinoxate, and octisalate.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply!
- MARIA’S ADVICE: Look for IMAGE Skincare Prevention+ Daily Ultimate Protection.
Limit yourself to moderate exposure throughout the day.
- Alternate between the sun and shade. UV rays are strongest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., so seek refuge during these hours.
- MARIA’S ADVICE: Skip the sun entirely and opt for an organic spray tan for a natural summer glow.
Protect the hair.
- Use proper color-treated shampoo and conditioner.
- Always wear a hat! This will protect your scalp, face, eyes, and hair from sun exposure.
- Dampen your hair with fresh water and add a leave-in conditioner before jumping in the pool. This slows the absorption of chlorine and other chemicals swimming aside you.
- MARIA’S ADVICE: Deep conditioning and gloss treatments are a must and can add natural shine instantly.
Spend a day at the FLX Salon & Spa.
- The O2 LIFT Treatment will give you luminous skin that feels as healthy as it is radiant.
- Waxing services are always safer than shaving.
- Get a good summer trim. Losing an inch can add miles to your look and the ends of your hair are the most susceptible to damage.
- MARIA’S ADVICE: Make an appointment today for any of these FLX services by CLICKING HERE.
Now all that’s left is to enjoy the warm weather ahead!
On-Site Stylists at FLX Salon & Spa
Back by overwhelming demand, the on-site FLX stylists will now be available through July.
Sleek and straight? Or mega volume? Romantic curls? Or neat and tight? If you feel the need for a new look, but don’t want to commit to a full cut or color, a professional blow-out is the perfect solution for you. Alternatively, for those with very short hair, a neck trim is an excellent way to clean up your existing style and quickly freshen your look. Best of all, this month your first blow-out or neck trim is free at FLX Salon and Spa! Read More...